Thursday, August 12, 2010

Memorial to Mai

A Time of Tears and a Time to Trust
It is with great sadness that we tell you about the death of Mai. Mai was the young boy with cerebral palsy that lived in a bamboo cage for 12 years before coming to Hope Home. Mai was a special boy whose smile could light up the room. Although this past year he lived in a new home for boys with special needs, I still continued to visit Mai, take him on outings and bring him to special events held at Hope Home. Mai taught us all so much about unconditional love. No matter what kind of day I was having, whether I was stressed out or worried or had a headache, after spending time with Mai I always had a smile on my face and my burdens were lifted and seemed insignificant. Last Sunday Mai suffered a seizure and died in his sleep. Although our hearts are mourning his passing, I trust that Mai is safe in God’s loving arms. Mai was a sweet, sweet boy who will hold a special place in our hearts forever.
~Shelly

Please click on the link below


Memorial to Mai

No comments:

Post a Comment